september 25 - Archaeology Night, kct Headquarters
Join Tim Spahr, our lead archaeologist, as we dig for history in Stage Harbor. Spahr and his team will provide a field trip to visit the sites we are currently exploring for signs of the past. The field trip will be followed by a lecture and refreshments at our headquarters. If you are unable to go on the field trip, please join us at KCT headquarters for the lecture starting at 7pm. Free, all welcome! Please email email@example.com to RSVP.
October 6th- Marvelous Mushrooms! 10 AM at Emmons Preserve
The elusive mushroom. We see them throughout our forests, but many of us have no idea which ones are safe, and which ones are not. Come Join Emily Sharood of Mousam Valley Mushrooms for a beautiful morning walk on the Emmons Preserve. A display of ID books and explanations will get us on our way. Take a walk along the Batson River to find and learn about these fascinating fungi. At the end, Emily will have mushrooms that you can purchase and try your hand at preparing at home!
Email Leia@kctoffice.org for reservations. Free, all are welcome!
October 10 - 24 - Annual Online auction
October 13th - Trust Trail Fest, KCT Headquarters (fall race)
Time to lace up and hit the trails! We are excited to be hosting our second trail race of the season. Join us on Saturday, October 13th for a fun day at our headquarters! Pick from a 5k, 10k or half marathon....something for everyone! The course winds through our beautiful trail system and ends at our headquarters with a party you won't want to miss! The events will feature music all day from The Music Man DJ Service, a beer tent, food truck and a fun day for the whole family!
RACE DAY INFO
Everything you Need to Know!
Saturday, October 13th
- The race starts and ends at the Kennebunkport Conservation Trust headquarters which is located at 57 Gravelly Brook Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
- Registration and bib/t-shirt pick up will open at 7:30 am. Online registration closes on Thursday night (10/11). Day of registration will be available. There will be one line for pre-registered runners and another line for day-of registration.
- There will be field parking for the event. The field parking is also located on Gravelly Brook Road approximately 1/4 mile from our headquarters. A shuttle will be available from 7:30 – 8:45 am. Volunteers will be onsite directing you where to park.
- Parking at our headquarters is reserved for vendors, race staff and emergency vehicles. You may drop runners off at the building and then please proceed to the parking field.
- There will be one mass start for all races (5k, 10, half marathon) at 9 am.
- Water stations will be set up throughout the course.
- We recommend bug spray.
- You may leave gear in the lower level of our headquarters building during the race (backpacks, etc.)
- Awards are scheduled for 11:30 am.
- All runners over 21 get a free beer after the race. Get your cold one by visiting the beer area and showing your bib.
- Review course maps at http://www.kporttrust.org/courses/
We’re looking forward to a great trail race! See you October 13th!
We are always adding more programs and events, please check back often, join our email list and be sure to like us on facebook for regular announcements!