August 19 - Trust Trail Fest, KCT Headquarters (summer race)
RACE DAY INFO
Everything you Need to Know!
Sunday, August 19th
- The race starts and ends at the Kennebunkport Conservation Trust headquarters which is located at 57 Gravelly Brook Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
- Registration and bib/t-shirt pick up will open at 7:30 am. Online registration closes on Thursday night (8/16). Day of registration will be available. There will be one line for pre-registered runners and another line for day-of registration.
- There will be field parking for the event. The field parking is also located on Gravelly Brook Road approximately 1/4 mile from our headquarters. A shuttle will be available from 7:30 – 8:45 am. Volunteers will be onsite directing you where to park.
- Parking at our headquarters is reserved for vendors, race staff and emergency vehicles. You may drop runners off at the building and then please proceed to the parking field.
- There will be one mass start for all races (5k, 10, half marathon) at 9 am.
- Water stations will be set up throughout the course.
- We recommend bug spray.
- You may leave gear in the lower level of our headquarters building during the race (backpacks, etc.)
- Awards are scheduled for 11:30 am.
- Following the race, there will be a festival going until 2 pm. We’ll have music all day, a food court, beer tent, climbing wall, dunk tank, pie eating contest, lawn games and more! Bring the whole family….it is going to be a super fun day!
- All runners over 21 get a free beer after the race. Get your cold one by visiting the beer area and showing your bib.
- You can pre-order our special race day lunch offer – get an award-winning lobster roll, chowder and cole slaw from the Clam Shack. Normally $30, race day special only $15. Pre-order at http://www.kporttrust.org/shop-kct/clam-shack-lobster-roll-meal-august-19th-only
- Review course maps at http://www.kporttrust.org/courses/
We’re looking forward to a great trail race! See you Sunday!
October 13 - Trust Trail Fest, KCT Headquarters (fall race)
Time to lace up and hit the trails! We are excited to be hosting two trail races this season. Join us on Sunday, August 19th and Saturday, October 13th for a fun day at our headquarters! Pick from a 5k, 10k or half marathon....something for everyone! The course winds through our beautiful trail system and ends at our headquarters with a party you won't want to miss! The events will feature music all day from The Music Man DJ Service, a beer tent, delicious food and games for the whole family!
From our friends at The Center:
August 23rd- 5:00pm-7:00pm at Gooches Beach
August 24th - Paddle Boarding on the Kennebunk River: 10am – 1 pm at the Grist Mill Property
Join KCT and Coastal Maine Kayak for a standup paddle board tour on the Kennebunk River. There will be groups departing at 10 am, 11 am and 12 pm. Paddle boards, PFD’s, and instruction included. Please RSVP to reserve your spot – space is limited and this will fill up! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. Free, all welcome!!!
August 25th & 26th - Archaeology Survey in Stage Harbor
Join us as we continue to uncover the past with our archaeology survey in Stage Harbor. Volunteers will be lead by Tim Spahr, our Principal Investigator. No experience needed, enthusiasm for history encouraged! Please RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your spot. Free, all welcome!
October 6th- Marvelous Mushrooms! 10 AM at Emmons Preserve
The elusive mushroom. We see them throughout our forests, but many of us have no idea which ones are safe, and which ones are not. Come Join Emily Sharood of Mousam Valley Mushrooms for a beautiful morning walk on the Emmons Preserve. A display of ID books and explanations will get us on our way. Take a walk along the Batson River to find and learn about these fascinating fungi. At the end, Emily will have mushrooms that you can purchase and try your hand at preparing at home!
Email Leia@kctoffice.org for reservations. Free, all are welcome!
We are always adding more programs and events, please check back often, join our email list and be sure to like us on facebook for regular announcements!